Eldercare Providers (Home Care and Assisted Living)
Home Care is health care or supportive care provided in the patient's home by healthcare professionals. Often, the term home care is used to distinguish non-medical care or custodial care, which is care that is provided by persons who are not nurses, doctors, or other licensed medical personnel, whereas the term home health care, refers to care that is provided by licensed personnel.
Assisted living fills a gap between home care and nursing homes. Before assisted living, a person needing professional care went to a nursing home even though the care didn't always merit the intensive supervision. The fairly new alternative of assisted living provides a more homelike environment for people needing or anticipating help with activities of daily living but for which 24-hour nursing care is not a necessity.
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Home Care (Medical, Non Medical, Personal, or Integrated)
For other eldercare servies, click here.
Find Help in Your Area · Veterans Benefits · Resources · Contact Us
How to Apply for VA Benefits for Veterans and Their Survivors
This 2023 Edition provides detailed instructions on how to submit claims for benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs new intake center and uses the successful "Fully Developed Claim Process" for faster and better decisions. View the Book...
- About Accreditation & Fees
- Accreditation Study Materials
- CLE to Maintain VA Accreditation
- Correcting Your Military Discharge
- Find Home Care / Assisted Living
- Find Hospice Care
- Find Medical Alert
- Help finding a LTC Facility
- Help with Care Management
- Help with Elder Law
- Help with Estate Planning
- Help with Disputes / Mediation
- Help with Financial Planning
- Help with Medicaid Planning
- Help with Tax Planning
- Informal Claims / Effective Dates
- Service Connected Disabilities
- State VA Nursing Homes
- VA Aid and Attendance Benefit
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Healthcare System
- VA Help - Surviving Spouse
- VA Home Renovation Grants
- VA Long Term Care Benefits
- VA Pays Family for Eldercare
- VA Regional Offices
This section provides downloadable files of the most commonly used VA Forms for senior veterans seeking benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs. View the Forms...
Become a Member of the Senior Veterans Service Alliance
Become a member of the SVSA and help our organization support the needs of senior veterans who served their country in a time of need. Learn more about the benefits of membership.